Sunday, January 11, 2009

I am the luckiest girl (even when I am the unluckiest)

I don't really know how to use Blogspot. Let's just talk about that for a minute.  All right, that's enough.

When I look at my life, it is ridiculous how blessed I am.  I have had a life that has been incredibly easy, with very very few challenges and trials.  When I think about it, the number of trials that I have had (I use the world "trials" very loosely here) can be counted easily on one hand...not even using most of the fingers.  I am a lucky lucky girl.  This has become even more apparent to me how lucky I am, and how Heavenly Father's hand is in my life and always helping me.  I feel like a spoiled child.  This past week has been a challenge for me.  Things haven't been happening with the ease that I am accustomed to, and it's been hard for me to deal with.  However, the reason that I am the luckiest girl is that the people around me have most definitely been put there on purpose.  The help and comfort that I have received this week has been exponential.  The mix of the goods and bads and the highs and lows this week have resulted in a hurricane of emotions and feelings, leaving me feeling drained, and still emotionally conflicted.  However, at a time when I could be feeling alone and down I feel more loved than I ever have in my life.  A good friend of mine, after giving me several hugs said "The best thing is, is that we have a Heavenly Father who knows exactly what you're going through and cares about it.  If that isn't a comforting thought, I don't know what is."  He preceded to point out several people on campus walking by saying, "He doesn't know" and "she doesn't know" but always coming back to the fact that Heavenly Father knows.  For that, and for the love that I have received from Him through others this week, I am eternally grateful.  I have amazing friends and an amazing family and an amazing life.  I hope that I will remember this time and remember to feel this lucky and this grateful always.

No comments: