Friday, March 25, 2011

Do the Pretty Girl Rock.

Ok, I totally have a a girl crush on Mindy Kaling (Kelly Kapoor from The Office) all due to her Twitter. Girl is hilarious.
And I get a lot of music suggestions from her Tweets.
This song is one of them. I'm not a super R&B lover, but for some reason, this song is totally addictive to me. I cannot stop listening to it.

Plus I'm a total sucker for videos that do a through-the-ages thing.
Oh the clothes of yesteryears
How gorgeous is she? Holy crap.
(Don't you love the TLC homage at the end? Oh the silky pajamas)

And the song is hilariously conceited, but honestly, don't you think the women of today need a little self-confidence? I know I do. I'm sick of self deprecation, and comparisons and beating myself up. Probably you are too.
We should all just do the Pretty-Girl Rock.

(My favorite lines include: "Boys wanna marry lookin' at my derri--ere, you can stare but if you touch it Im'ma bury! Pretty as a pitcha, sweeter than a swisha, mad 'cause I'm cuter than the girl that's witcha")

4 comments:

MedSchoolWife said...

You tweet?? What's your twitter name?

HeidiLynn said...

No, I don't twitter, but I look a selected twitter pages (twitterpated?) haha I guess that's kind of weird

Mariah "Sniggs" said...

I do love the video's nod to MJ, also I'm a sucker for bunch of different eras vids too.

HeidiLynn said...

I think it's JJ (Janet)