Friday, April 3, 2009

Thoughts


"Faith My Eyes" Caedmon's Call

I'm all wrapped up in my mother's face
With a touch of my father, just up around the eyes
And the sound of my sister's laugh
More wrapped up in what binds our ever distant lives
 
And if I must go, things, I trust, will be better off without me
And I don't want to know
Because life is better off a mystery

So keep them coming, these lines on the road
And keep me responsible, be it a light or heavy load
And keep me guessing, these blessings in disguise
I'll walk with grace, my feet, and faith, my eyes.


I can't really put into words what I'm feeling right now, but this song seems to cover a couple of things.  I'm not really sure.  My life is sure mysterious right now, and sometimes I would just like to hire a life detective to figure it all out for me.  Unfortunately, not only does that career not exist, but that's just lazy and irresponsible of me.  First and very important step for me is to go to watch General Conference this weekend.  I think I'm more excited this year than I've ever been for Conference.  Hearing what the Lord's prophet and apostles have to say will be refreshing and helpful in the extreme.  In church they always tell you to go with specific questions, we'll I've got mine, and I'm ready to do some detective work!

No comments: