Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Autumn






(Ok, so this is unoriginal, but I just loved loved loved this quote that NieNie posted recently, I had to reblog it.)

Delicious autumn!
My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird
I would fly about the earth seeking successive autumns
-George Elliot


I am such an autumn girl. I guess that's what happens when you're from New England.
(Lighthouse Point, New Haven CT)

That's when that area comes to life, in it's most beautiful form. Autumn is my special time. I love sweater weather. I love the smell of autumn leaves and pumpkins and that certain special bite-in-the-air smell.


I love my autumn music (the Amelie, Village, Once and Pocahontas soundtracks, The Weepies, Counting Crows, Coldplay, The Shins, Guster, Ingrid Michaelson, Iron and Wine, Joni Mitchell, Nickel Creek, Indigo Girls, Sufjan Stevens)
If I could live in a world of perpetual autumn, I would. No questions or reservations. For Christmas last year, my Dad made us all a calendar entitled "Fall in New England should be Year Round", and it was full of gorgeous photos he'd taken one fall, and he's put one for every month of the year. If only life was like that calendar.

I am so sick of the sweaty back that I have from walking to school in the morning with my heavy backpack. The mornings have been deliciously cool, but around 11:00, it starts getting warm again. But the few leaves that have started to change on the mountains shine out like beacons of autumn-y hope.





(I also really loved this other quote from NieNie's post)
It is a common enough case, that of man being suddenly captivated by a woman nearly the opposite of his ideal. -George Elliot

1 comment:

Camille said...

agreed!
man, it is hard being from new england, and being stuck in utah for autumn...