Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy.



Here is something that made me happy today.

Oh cuss. This movie is so good. I forgot how much I loved it, and consequently placed it in the Heartwarmers-That-I'm-Never-In-The-Mood-For category of movies. Do you know what I'm talking about? Maybe I'm just cold hearted.
This movie is such a gem. It's a wonderful love story of both the romantic and familial kind. Johnny Depp does these amazing comedic routines from Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton and wins your heart immediately with all his strangeness and heart-hurting sweetness.

And with the amazing soundtrack from Rachel Portman (Chocolat, Nicholas Nickleby, Emma) the movie contains some of the most joyful moments I've ever seen. Also, who couldn't love the movie's main song I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers? That's gotta be the one hit wonder on the majority of people's ipods, and when it comes up on shuffle, you know you have to sing along. You know you do.


(It won't let me embed the video. But go here. Watch this.)

Mmm. Look at those boys. Pale. Pasty. Thickly be-spectacled. Very Scottish. Expressionless. How can you resist? (But really, I love this song.)
I just wanted to share the bit of happiness that came into my day. Go rent this movie!
P.S. I want Sam (Johnny) to swing by my window on a window washing harness. My bedroom is on the ground floor. Do you think this will be a problem?

1 comment:

michal said...

In reference to my hair:
I bought $40 extensions and constructed them to my needs. They took forever to get just right, but they sure are handy. Also, I've been taking a vitamin called Biotin that seems to work fairly well. Better for some than others... Me being others, hence extensions.

In reference to this post:
I love anything johnny depp and I need to watch this now.