Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Out on the Open Road!





Awesome Thing #757: Taking Your Shoes off on a Long Car Ride.


About 46 days until my amazing road trip! My parents and I will be leaving about the 3rd week in July, and driving across the country, stopping in several amazing places, like The Kirtland Temple, Chicago, Mount Rushmore, and Yellowstone National Park along the way. We'll be stopping in Utah, meeting my sister and brother-in-law, and enjoying my brother's performance in Singing in the Rain (shouldn't he have been born in that era? He was born to wear suits and fedoras), and partying at my sister-in-laws baby shower! Then it'll be off to California with G and Josh, to see some beautiful sights, and eat some amazing food! (Our food adventures are already planned, it's just how my family rolls) I seriously can't wait. My mom and I just stopped at Triple A to get our maps, and our routes planned and stuff. We keep saying "Let's leave now. Can we leave now?" Road trips are one of my favorite things of all time. I've driven across the country to Utah with my parents several times, and loved it every time. Except this time we're going not going to be going through Nebraska or the American Bermuda Triangle, or No-braska as some friends call it. I cannot wait!!!

(I would organize the photos better, but blogger is somehow incompatible with the internet at my house, and they come out as a big mess of internet code, which I find completely indecipherable)

2 comments:

Whit said...

HEIDI!!! I did not know you had a blog...and this piece of news is CRAZY exciting to me. It's so much fun isn't it?
That road trip sounds like da bomb! If only you were dropping down to Missouri :( If you change your mind, we have plenty of space for free guests!! haha, I hope you're doing well! What are you up to this summer?

PS) The security word I had to type to publish this comment was scroting.....that sounds....dirty. Would that be a verb?

Brita said...

I'm so excited for you and this road trip! It sounds like such a blast! I really want to see Singing in the Rain. Maybe I should take a little road trip myself over to provo...